Tuesday, May 12, 2020

The LuLac Edition #4,288, May 12th, 2020

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that all the Trump lovers pretty much dismiss his 25 cases of women accusing him of misconduct but take great solace in pointing to the one claim against Joe Biden. Then they scream hypocrisy, sad.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…every hour more than one billion cells in the body can be replaced.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….but shouldn’t be that tony Bennett is still going strong in his 90s. He is the last surviving member of those great solo male singers of an era gone by.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that one brow wrinkle is the result of 200,000 frowns.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that now both Trump and Pence have staffers who got the virus. I’m waiting for the excuses to start pouring in pretty soon.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that during the Boston Tea Party 342 chests of tea were thrown into the harbor. Can that be the time when Sam Adams went to work on his adult beverage in earnest?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….but not, that the documentary “The Last Dance” has received such rave reviews. ESPN Films is the greatest treasure of the lost art of making great programs giving us a peek in the rear view mirror of cultural events in this country.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that “challenger Deep” is the deepest point on earth. It can hold 25 Empire State buildings from end to end.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….. The U.S. labor market will probably be in a more positive place come election day after being battered by the COVID-19 pandemic this spring. Wall Street pros Yahoo say that even if the U.S. economy is back to creating jobs later this year as businesses reopen, the unemployment rate will remain above 12%.
MAYBE I'M AMAZED......that a ticket stub of Lou Gehrig's July 4th, 1939 game, the ticket stub alone goes for $40,000  on the baseball collector's marketplace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home