Saturday, August 22, 2009

The LuLac Edition #915, Aug. 22nd, 2009

SNAPPLE "REAL FACT" #850, Hawaii is further south than Florida.

PHOTO INDEX: INTERVIEW LOGO.

INTERVIEW

In my travels I had the opportunity to meet many a promotional person. One of the current genre of that type is the Coors Lite Girl. I ran into one such representative at Dan’s Keystone Grille in Hudson at the blogger town meeting organized by Mr. Gort. The duties of a Coors Lite girl are looking good, promoting the brand and talking to curious old geezers like me.
Q: How long have you been a Coors Lite girl?
A: A year and a half.
Q: How’d you get the job?
A: I applied to the beer distributorship. They liked me and hired me.
Q: Any special qualifications for the job?
A: You have to talk to people, be personable, give out prizes. Promote the beer. Plus be 21.
Q: How’s the pay?
A: Good. And the job is easy. You just talk to people and promote Coors.
Q: What beer do you drink?
A: I drink Coors.
Q: I bet you say that to all the boys.
A: No, no really, I do, the taste is very good and it goes down easy. I mean you have two lagers and boom, you’re gone. Out of it. I can drink Coors sensibly all night and not have it affect me.
Q: You have a boyfriend?
A: Yeah.
Q: How does he feel about you being a Coors Lite girl?
A: (Shrugs) I don’t know, he doesn’t care one way or another.
Q: I mean isn’t he proud that you’re hot enough to do this?
A: I guess.
Q: How long have you been going out?
A: 3 months.
Q: Your parents, what do they think of the job?
A: They’re okay with it.
Q: Do they drink Coors?
A: My mom does.
Q: Okay, you’re out with the boyfriend. You have a Coors because that’s what you drink. What’s the best food to have with a Coors Lite? Wings?
A: Uh, everything. It goes with everything you’d want to eat.
Q: Even red beets?
A: (Hesitant) I guess.
Q: I’m playing with you there, you know that right?
A: Yeah, I figured that.
Q: Thanks for answering my questions.
A: Thanks for asking them.


12 Comments:

At 9:17 AM, Blogger Big Dan said...

Dave, it was a pleasure meeting you at Gort's get together. You are a very interesting person! I loved talking to you about WARM.

 
At 9:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

are you trying to demonstrate the dumbing down of our society with these interviews?

if so it is working

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
are you trying to demonstrate the dumbing down of our society with these interviews?
OH I THINK THERE'S AMPLE EVIDENCE OF THAT OUT THERE WITHOUT ANY OF MY HELP. SATURDAY IS A DOWN DAY FOR ANY NEWS AND COMMENTARY. I JUST DECIDED TO RUN A CONVERSATION I HAD WITH SOMEONE DURING THE PREVIOUS WEEK. SINCE IT ISN'T BREAKING NEWS OR WORLD SHATTERING JUNK, I JUST ASK QUESTIONS. IT'S POTLUCK. LAST NIGHT I TALKED TO A COORS LITE GIRL I RAN INTO, CHRIST NEXT WEEK IT MIGHT BE A RUSSIAN COSMONAUT ON VACATION. WHO KNOWS. USING NO NAMES GIVES THE PERSON A LITTLE MORE FREEDOM TO BE UNGUARDED. IT'S SUPPOSED TO BE FUN. KIND OF A "KICK BACK" SEGMENT IF YOU WILL. I ADDED THE COMMERCIAL BECAUSE I LOVE THE SONG. I THINK I'VE GOTTEN A BAD RAP ON THIS PAUL ANKA THING. I DO LISTEN TO A LOT OF MOTOWN, PHILLY SOUL SOUND, BEATLES AND CLASSIC ROCK. WE LOVE THE "LOVE TRAIN".

 
At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey 9:40AM: I don't mean to be a conspiracy theorist here but let's consider this:
On The Yonk's Facebook page, he states he's going back to school in the fall. As a student. What do students drink mostly? Beer.
Who does he interview this week? A reprentative from a beer company.
And he does not interview a Coors Lte beer truck driver but a Coors Lite girl.
I've known him for years and nothing "just happens".
YOUR KOMOTION DATE FROM DURYEA

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll buy that Komo Date, you obviously know him. But since you identify yourself as an old girl friend of the Yonk's, did you know what became of the other ones?

 
At 3:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

12:17PM, John Madden of Madden NFL here, let's break it down for you..
15% are back in rehab.....
25% entered the Witness Protection program.....
5% got parole.....
5% are lawyers which basically can mean the same thing as the above...
5% are AWOL and MIA....
and the other ones went back to finish high school.

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey 3:12PM.....
You nailed it.
LOL plus 100.
Komotion Date From Duryea

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, There's a book you should read, October 1964 by David Halberstam. In one passage he writes about how the Cards previous owners did not want to bring in black players. Busch who purchased the team acquired a few blacks and said, "Black people drink beer too". It was a combination of courage and business savvy all at the same time. And that's why to this day Bud has over 50% of the market in America.

 
At 9:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there....your fellow blogger gort 42 says no one reads blogs on saturday. I do. I think the interviews are just a slice of life, which is what i think you're going for. blame the parents and the teachers, not the bloggers for the dumbing down of america.

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

People all over the valley (everybody)
Join hands (join)
Start a love train, love train
People all over Scranton (all the world, now)
Join hands (love ride)
Start a love train (love ride), love train
The next stop that we make will be soon
Tell all the folks in Plainsville, and Ashley, too
Don't you know that it's time to get on board
And let this train keep on riding, riding on through
Well, well
People all over the world (you don't need no money)
Join hands (come on)
Start a love train, love train (don't need no ticket, come on)
People all over the world (Join in, ride this train)
Join in (Ride this train, y'all)
Start a love train (Come on, train), love train
All of you brothers over in Plymouth
Tell all the folks in Pittston, and Dupont, too
Please don't miss the Coors chick dancing with Big Dan,
'Cause if you miss it, I feel sorry, sorry for you
Well
People all over the world (bloggers and bloggettes)
Join hands (join, come on)
Start a love train (ride this train, y'all), love train (Come on)
People all over the world (Don't need no tickets)
Join hands (come on, ride)
Start a love train, love train
Ride, let it ride
Let it ride
Let it ride
People, ain't no war
People all over the world (on this train)
Join in (ride the train)
Start a love train, love train (ride the train, y'all)

 
At 8:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wtf?

 
At 12:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is 10:26 the same as the previous song parody writer? If so, thats about enough youre just wasting space.

Jimmy VanHuesen

 

Post a Comment

<< Home