Sunday, September 20, 2009

The LuLac Edition #948, Sept. 20th, 2009



PHOTO INDEX: THE WILKES BARRE CALL CENTER NOW BELONGING TO WILKES UNIVERSITY AND HEALTH AND HUMAN SERVICES SECRETARY KATHLEEN SIBELIUS.

10 YEARS AGO

Ten years ago today I walked into the Call Center on South Main Street in Wilkes Barre and essentially started a new segment of my working life. Prior to this association I had no idea how to use a computer or anything connected to it. By the time I left, shortly before the place shut down, I worked as a trainer for various clients the center had as customers. It is ironic that a decade after this start, my new novel is finishing its final edit. The setting: a call center. Hopefully if things go well, we'll have the new book out by Christmas or shortly thereafter. I must stress that the book is fiction and any similarity to characters or situations is purely coincidental.

AHHHH CHOOOO!

The other day NBC/MSNBC reporter Chuck Todd got a lesson in disease prevention from the very top. Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius took on the role as the sheepish veteran reporter gamely accepted her advice. Here's that video:

2 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

good uck with the new tome. let us know when it comes out in print.

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats a tome?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home