Saturday, September 26, 2009

The LuLac Edition #954, Sept. 26th, 2009

PHOTO INDEX: THE LULAC INTERVIEW LOGO.

INTERVIEW

This week a few incumbent Judges Peter Paul Olszewski Junior and Thomas Burke went on “Corbett” and said they had no inkling that something was amiss on the third floor of the Luzerne County Courthouse. One of the things I have known in my life as a truism was that workplace gossip and supposition happens all over. What makes the Judges claim so unbelievable is this: everyone talks about work, at work , while at work, home from work, away from work all the time about WORK! . Here’s a conversation I had with a friend who works in a small factory.
Q: What do you do?
A: I weld lamp bases.
Q: Do you like it?
A: It’s easy. I have my walkman on , do my job, nobody bothers me.
Q: How many people work in your plant?
A: 14. 8 in production, 6 in the office.
Q: Do you know what’s going on in your factory?
A: I do my job, yeah I know what I’m doing.
Q: No, no. Do you know what’s happening in the place? Like if the place was going to close because of the slow economy or one of the owners was messing around with someone, smoothing, I mean are you aware of stuff like that?
A: Well yeah. Everybody knows everything. In a workplace you can’t keep anything secret.
Q: Down where I live some Judges say they were unaware of some of the other Judge’s behavior and dealings. What do you think of that?
A: As long as people work, that’s their world. To not be aware of it, well, I’d rather not say.
Q: Go ahead.
A: Well I think if you don’t know what’s happening where you work, and you admit that, you’re either a liar or an idiot.
Q: Even if they are educated Judges and lawyers?
A: Especially.

3 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Anonymous Augean Stableboy said...

Bravo Dave! Direct and to the point.

My take:

"Olszewski said he was aware of allegations made in the 1990s that Conahan had ties to drug dealers, but a state Judicial Conduct Board investigation never yielded any action against the judge." The County's then top prosecutor (DA PPO) is or is not unaware that the Federal "prosecutor called Conahan an "unindicted co-conspirator" in the case"!!! Take your pick: stupid, incompetent or complicit. None reflect well.

Even if not indicted, who went along when Conahan was up for retention or was voted President Judge? Who obviously accepted his friendship and hospitality?

How does Peter Paul currently demonstrate his ethical standing? Has he recused himself from hearing cases involving his new wife's law firm?

What appalls me is that the Courthouse crowd still doesn't get that the Feds aren't going away, that people will no longer be scared into silence, and that the tired, venal game is over.

 
At 8:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter Paul has a new wife?

 
At 9:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is one thing to know that people are going on a vacation and also that people are having affairs etc. but how in the name of God would a judge working ina completely different building know what another judge is doing in his court romm in a different building? AND please, does anyone believe that the corrupt judges were telling their fellow jurist that they were taking illegal money? That's just stupid! But by way of some agreement, Lupus and Carroll should have taken their jobs more serious and do what had to be done to protect these kids who had no legal representation. Shame on them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home