Friday, October 29, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1353, Oct. 29th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I'M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed…..that the national GOP has the gall to say they will make America better. To quote a former someone, “There is no there, there”. The national GOP has not one idea other than to tear down what the Democrats have accomplished in the last two years.
Maybe I’m Amazed….that a number of my friends still not working are going to vote for Tom Corbett. This is a guy who said unemployed people really didn’t want jobs. What is up with that?
Maybe I’m Amazed……that the average lead pencil can draw a straight line 35 miles long and write roughly 50,000 English words.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that the Legislative leaders who are supposed to take care of us in the state don’t want to tax the drilling companies. That is pure nonsense and gives you an indication of just how politicized this state has become. We have overpaid legislators who don’t give a damn about the future of the state. If they did, they’d impose a tax. Maybe after we’re screwed by the drilling companies, some mealy mouthed, weak handshaking pasty legislator will propose a bill to change the name of the state: to CHUMPVILLE!

2 Comments:

At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Pope George Ringo said...

If we believe the polls (and there seems no reason not to) it would appear that voters just don't care what a candidate stands for--they just want to vote out the incumbent.
Some of the tea party candidates are doing or condoning things that would be considered political suicide just a few years ago, but their number go up.
Well, as the saying goes, you get the government you vote for. I hope that Obama's work pays off while he's in office and not after a possible defeat in 12; then the Gop jackals would get the credit for all they opposed. Talk about irony.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger McGruff said...

Corbetts comments were taken out of context, a tactic familiar to the Democratic party. What Corbett meant and we have all heard is "Can I wait to start after my unemployment runs out?" or "I won't actively look for a job until my unemployment is used up". Don't get me wrong. To those statements I know many people who are actively looking and can't find work. But the Dems won't take any blame for that even though they have been in control of Congress for the last FOUR years. That's what amazes me. During most of Bill Clinton's years both houses were controlled by the Republicans, not the Democrats but they keep giving the credit to Clinton for reducing deficits and creating surpluses. When the Democrats took control under Bush that is when the deficits skyrocketed. But Bush gets the blame. That's what amazes me. Now I am not amazed about the severance tax because the Eachus led Democrats shot for the moon with the highest tax rate in the nation. Tax and spend Taxem Todd. However, I will chide the Republican leadership for not compromising on the number and getting it down. Maybe you will be amazed I agreed with you on something. Just kidding.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home