Friday, April 29, 2011

The LuLac Edition #1569, April 29th, 2011

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed……..that the Royal Wedding is here and everybody seems to be talking about it. We in America have a grand curiosity about the Royal Family, given the WWII alliance and our shared history.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that there are still people in this country who doubt the President’s birth. Some I’m sad to say are even surprised that Hawaii is a state.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that Governor Tom Corbett seems to have a certain peace surrounding his actions regarding the budget. Corbett is thinking short term in getting the state out of debt. Even though I have disagreed with Corbett on some cuts, you have to admire his stand. And I bet in the long run, it’ll get him a second term.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that former Judge Anne Lokuta seems to have a lot of staying power with her core constituency, the media and politicians willing to give her a leg up. The recent story about her getting an offer to run as a Republican must have incumbent D.A. Jackie Musto Carroll scratching her head wondering what she deserved to get any opposition so suddenly.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that a local grocery chain even sent coupons to consumers trumpeting ways to “celebrate the wedding of the century with your own royal family”.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that people continue to take Donald Trump seriously. The guy is a bigot, he has bankrupted a few businesses, has himmed and hawed about releasing his tax returns and is very dangerous in his rhetoric regarding economic foreign policy. If he thinks acting like a bully is going to endear him to any foreign power, he is a really stupid man.
Maybe I’m Amazed…….that most of the songs on “American Idol” are classic rock and oldies songs that can be construed as being “timeless”. You see you can’t make hip hop sound palatable to the great American middle.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that NBC cancelled “The Paul Reiser Show” after two episodes. Mrs. LuLac said they kept the show on the air one episode too many.
Maybe I’m Amazed….that the NFL Draft got as much analysis as the President’s economic policy this week.
Maybe I’m Amazed….that the Spring Blogfest is upon us. Stop by and join us at 6pm at Rooney’s Pub on S. Main Street in Pittston. Everyone, readers, candidates of all parties, (third parties also) , political operatives, bloggers, bloggers to be, media, campaign managers, pretenders, power brokers, cronies……….are all invited to attend. Cash bar, and no speeches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home