Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2089, June 13th, 2012

Our "13 Questions" logo. 

13 QUESTIONS 


1. With the start up of the Jerry Sandusky trial this week, do you think there will be a connection proven with the Ray Gricar, missing District Attorney case? 

I do firmly believe that. No one disappears like that under any circumstances. At one point, maybe years from now it will be proven that his disappearance, forced or voluntary was linked to this Penn State sex abuse scandal.

2. If the election were held today, who would win? 

I think right now there is so much instability in terms of the economy and lack of focus on the part of the President’s message, if it were today Mitt Romney would win. Things can change though and this election cycle is going to have a lot of ups and downs. 

3. Do you play games on your computer? 

Never. Mrs. LuLac does but I couldn’t be bothered. And as far as Farmville, Gangsters or Mafia wars on Facebook, that's not me.

4. Will the Supreme Court overturn Obama Care or as you stinking liberals call it the Affordable Health Care Act? 

I think things are way too quiet. There have been no leaks on this thing so I’m thinking this very political Supreme Court will overturn it. 

5. Have you seen Topic A since you left it in April? 

Nope. My work schedule conflicts with it and I can’t get the replay because WYLN TV 35 has minor league baseball after 7:30PM most nights. 

6. Do you think Tom Corbett has the political skills of your boy Ed Rendell? 

With all due respect, I don’t think Tom Corbett has the political skills of Judas Iscariot let alone Ed Rendell. 

7. What local newscast do you watch and which is your favorite? 

I watch all of them on the DVR and like all of them. Seriously. All of them do great work and all of them make dumb mistakes sometimes but in this area we are very fortunate to have three stations, WNEP, WBRE and WYLN that are committed to reporting the news

8. Understand you had an encounter with the new County Manager in the local Price Chopper on the West Side. I was told you were embroiled in a deep discussion with the main man of the county. Care to share any details on what you were talking about? 

Men’s eye wear. 

9. What do you think of the new vampire movie called “Abe Lincoln Vampire" and do you think he was a vampire? 

I have no knowledge of the movie and I don’t think Honest Abe was a vampire. 

10. How come you never attended the WILK Award winning beer buzz? 

I don’t like beer, and it’s too early for me. I did stop by at one of their remotes last year though at the Georgetown Deli and did enjoy that. 

11. How do you find the time to write every day? 

I set a few hours aside. I treat it like a commitment. A full time job. Always did, hopefully always will. 

12. How about those Pirates and Indians?

I’m cautiously optimistic. Although the Pirates worry me with their lowest batting average in the entire two leagues. 

13. We’re going back a generation or two here but I have to ask. Judy Garland or Ann Rutherford? 

Ann Rutherford definitely. Always loved Polly Benedict!

3 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Anonymous Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

Students,
Mr. Yonki continues to impress me with his wit, charm and insight when providing answers to 13 questions. An A on that one young man. His take, however, on being uncertain as to who will win the Presidential election is off mark---as Mitt Romney shall win in a landslide--so I will have to provide a C-. All in all a grade of B-.
The business of this classroom goes forward.....

Students,
There is but no question that the U.S. Supreme Court shall do the proper thing and vote down Obamacare. The idea that a governmental entity can force individuals to buy health insurance is both ridiculous and tyrannical.
Let me take this opportunity to applaud Chief Justice Roberts, fellow jurists Alito, Kennedy, Scalia and the esteemed Judge Thomas on a job well done. I have in the past been critical of the Court, but in recent years it has shown impeccable common sense and jurist prudence.
Finally we have a court majority that does NOT legislate from the bench---unlike the Warren Court, which held us at bay with decisions such as Brown vs. the Board of Education and Roe V. Wade--though to be fair, Chief Justice Burger was at the helm then and the majority of the justices were either Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson and even FDR (!) appointees.
I look forward to an even more conservative court when incoming President Romney makes his appointments over the coming eight years. In your jargon, ingrates, "Jeepers, that will be cool!!!"
Presidents come and go, but the importance of placing Conservatives in the office means that they can leave a lasting effect on the judiciary for generations. Thankfully, the "Conservative" philosophy is now "IN". As the people wish it to be.
Something to think about this morning.....
Class Dismissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, as always, prolific and professional. Good stuff!!!

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Professor,

I was once a student like those you address.

As I grew, watched and learned I found myself becoming more and more "traditionally conservative".

Now, as I continue to read and listen to both sides it becomes more apparent that the course I am on requires logic and reason be applied to all new information.

Emotion, while a key component of humanity, must be kept out of the equation until a conclusion is reached. Then when it is applied it does not contradict or muddy that very conclusion.

It works for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home