Monday, September 24, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2206, September 24th, 2012

Civil rights worker Viola Liuzzo, the Detroit housewife who just happened to be a heterosexual married white woman who gave her life in the Civil Right struggles of the 60s. Ask her family if this was just about black people.

COULTER’S COMMENTS 


I missed This Week” yesterday on TV but caught it on the car radio when Mrs. LuLac had a craving for Pumpkin Nut pancakes and dragged me out of the house forsaking the NFL, and of course CSPAN. As we were traveling, I found the “This Week” show just in time to hear this crazy statement by Ann Coulter. It was regarding Civil Rights. This is what she said, Coulter said that she thought that "civil rights are for blacks" because the U.S. has a "legacy of slavery and Jim Crow laws." She added, "We don't owe the homeless. We don't owe feminists. We don't owe women who are desirous of having abortions, or gays who want to get married to one another." She said that "much of the left...dropped the blacks after five minutes" to argue for "civil rights" for other groups of people. Stephanopoulos interrupted Coulter asking, "Immigrant rights are not civil rights?" Coulter confirmed that she only thinks "civil rights are for blacks." 
Obviously she has no clue about what her sacred Constitution says about equality. Plus she hasn’t remembered the whites who helped the blacks attain equality. People marched and people died. To those “whites” who might have been homeless, might have been gay, might have been women, “civil rights” was not about black people but equality. As Forrest Gump is fond of saying, “Stupid is as stupid does”. Or as a friend of mine says, “You can’t fix stupid”.
Former Vice Presidential nominee Sarah Palin and "Game Change" actress Julianne Moore. 

GAME CHANGE 

The great HBO movie “Game Change” won a few Emmy’s last night. Emmy voters elected to heap praise on “Game Change” in the form of four Emmys winning the Outstanding Mini-series or Movie award. Director Jay Roach and writer for Danny Strong also took home statuettes. Based on the book of the same name by Mark Halperin, the movie purports to give an inside look at the decision within the McCain campaign in 2008 to bring aboard the former Alaska governor. Actress Julianna Moore won the Best Actress award for her portrayal of Sarah Palin. She really annoyed conservatives when she said, “Wow, I feel so vindicated, because Sarah Palin gave me a big thumbs down!” The Conservatives predictably were outraged but were okay when Rush Limbaugh called a woman involved in Democratic politics, Sandra Fluke, a slut. But hey, he was only being funny, right? Let’s see, “thumbs down” vs. calling a woman “a slut”. As Richard Dawson used to say, “Survey says………………..” 

SAMMY AGOLINO 

Never met the man but I was very sad when I heard Sam Agolino, former Wyoming Area School board member lost his battle with cancer. My friend and fellow blogger Joe Valenti doesn’t pick just any old person to be a good friend. We are sorry for Joe’s loss as well as those in political circles who called Sammy their friend.

9 Comments:

At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again you are listening thru filters Dave. I believe Ann's point was that the concept of civil rights has been morphed beyond the intent. Why is sex, abortion, gender, pay scale/minimum wage? a civil right? Marriage? a civil right? How about it's a contract?

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Professor Milburn Cleaver, OPA said...

Good morning Students,

Once again, I hope you have all recovered from your weekend blogfest/football hangovers. Why you continue to assault your body with massive amounts of alcohol and drugs strains my credulity. However, it is your life to use or destroy—and may I say, you are all doing a wonderful job of destroying it.

The business of this classroom goes forward……

Class, I wish to submit my assessment of the blogfest event. I attended, of course, incognito for fear of my life. I must say that to my surprise there were a few conservative ladies and gentlemen in attendance and I enjoyed my brief conversations with them. For the most part I observed and from what I observed I was not impressed. NO, this was not my typical experience of a political gathering. My experiences are of private clubs where discussion of the issues is intense and debate crisp. It seems that all I had witnessed at this past Friday’s event was gibber jabber about everything but pure good political debate. It was mostly candidates and political has-beens “making an appearance” for the sake of being published in the paper. Forget any structured debate.
Even more shocking was the smoking ban. I asked the waitress to supply me with an ashtray in order that I could enjoy my pipe. She informed me that smoking was not allowed on the premises but that I was more than welcome to go outside and smoke. Of course, the barroom was filled with ingrates and slackers and had I left the room to smoke I was more than certain that my seat would be taken by one of these malcontents. Again, laws of the nanny state intent on intruding on people’s private behavior. I do not endorse smoking or drinking. I do, however, feel that if you are of age you have every right to pursue the habit. As I always tell you students, MODERATION is the key.
I should have known upon arrival at the event that this was going to be a disappointment when I saw the pink bus of the leftist congressional candidate, Mr. Stilp. Not only was the bus taking up valuable parking space, I am not certain that all of the parking meters covering its length were activated!
Regardless, there were some nice people and I was disappointed not to have met Mr. Yonki as I was only in attendance for little over an hour. As for the upcoming spring blogfest, I will not be attending. I am sorry, but I shall be well into my retirement and more than likely will be basking in the sun on a golf course in Myrtle Beach instead of in a barroom full of malcontents in Pittston, Pennsylvania.
Later in the week I am going to furnish my lecture on why the upcoming Debate will finally put the poll numbers in Pres. Elect Romney’s favor. Until then…..
Class Dismissed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At 7:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann Coulter --- Speaking of Sluts.

This is the same person (can't refer to her as a woman) who made big bucks on the circut accusing the 911 widows of using their lost husbands to make money off of. Sorry to the insult to real sluts, Coulter is much lower than that.

 
At 8:38 AM, Anonymous Joe V said...

Yonk - Thank you for your kind words
Joe V

 
At 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meantime in the Lack, Mike Washo takes down healthy money for a part time job at a bankrupt parking authority. Mike, you'll remember wasnt a politician, but has collected his income from $80,000 annually as a Commissioner to $100.00 per hour as a political city appointee. Way top go, Mike.
Not as bad a the previous commissioners but still not good at keeping your word! Maybe in the interest of the taxpayers who have supported you these many years you could cut it to $50.00 an hour. You are not just a politician, Mike but rather a typical one.

 
At 1:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Greart, somebody won an Emmy.
Who Cares? Why put any stock in TV and/or Awards Shows. Pablum for the uneducated masses. I have a certain self gained expertise on many things derived only from my own reading and a decent if not too well rounded education. BOOKS. You can find both sides of an issue and make your own informed choices. Dont let Hollywood teach History. They only want ticket buyers, viewers advertisers dollars, not TRUTH!

Sam Hogan

 
At 7:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

To the Professor:
I was disappointed not to have met Mr. Yonki as I was only in attendance for little over an hour
"Too bad Prof, you should have seen his suit!"

Pauler

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ann Coulter is sluttier than the average slut and crazier too.
And Professor, RETIRE! We are all tired of hearing about it and tired of you. Go date Ann Coulter if she'll have you which I doubt.
Prof, you are truly an ASS! Your inferiority complex shows every time you touch the keyboard.

 
At 11:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogfest was fantastic! Looking forward to the next one!

Casey Evans

 

Post a Comment

<< Home