Tuesday, December 11, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2292, December 11th, 2012

Plymouth Councilman Bill Dixon. (Photo examiner.com). 

BILL DIXON BENEFIT 

The residents of Plymouth are going to have a fundraiser for one of their elected Councilman. It won’t be a political rally with all the usual suspects but rather a gathering of townspeople who feel like Dixon is being done wrong. Dixon is an elected official. He is a seated official. He has demonstrated a love for his community as well as putting his words into deeds. But the numb skulls on Council are fighting to have him removed. If they weren’t so stupid on their own, I’d say they were racist. But I don’t believe that, I just think their dumb. Here’s the invite for the fundraiser:

ROCK AND ROLL HALL 


The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced their induction list for 2013. They are; Rush, Albert King, Public Enemy, Heart, Donna Summer, Quincy Jones, Lou Adler and Randy Newman. Big omissions through the years are (my era) Connie Francis and (80s era) Pat Benetar. Adler was a premier record producer and (no fool he) was married to Shelley Fabares. His most recent wife, was Page Hannah (no fool he) sister of Daryl Hannah, the Hollywood actress, not the Daryl Hannah of Howard Stern fame. He also produced this record of the year, from 1971, Carole King’s “It’s Too Late” and the album of the year, “Tapestrty” 

 
Here’s one of my favorite Randy Newman songs. Many people have caught me bopping to this with the top down in the summer.

4 Comments:

At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonk, driving around Wilkes Barre is way different than driving around L.A.

 
At 9:39 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Yonk, driving around Wilkes Barre is way different than driving around L.A.
OH I AGREE. WHEN I WAS IN L.A, I DIDN'T HAVE A CONVERTIBLE. BUT I DID GO TO BERTHA'S SOUL FOOD.

 
At 10:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love LA. I love LA's politics. I love Southern California....

...I just can't stand people that live in LA. There are pockets of the area that are all around awesome, like WeHo and Venice Beach, but the vast majority of the rest of LA is wonderful, but full of horrid people.

 
At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lou Adler and Quincy Jones are great choices for the Ertegun Award.
Both have unbelieveable track records with music and women. You barely touched on Adlers! Like Quincy he is responsible for so much terrific music.
I believe the Hall is too loose in admission. Not particularly this year but overall. Too many inductees. Donna Summer was outstanding, but not in the Rock n Roll field. There are other even better examples. I visited the Hall of Fame in its first year. A close friend was a "patron". It was impressive and if and when I get to Cleveland again I intend to do it again. No sense going to an Indians game, Dave!

Pete

 

Post a Comment

<< Home