Friday, January 11, 2013

The LuLac Edition #2328, January 11th., 2013

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo. 

MAYBE I'M AMAZED 


MAYBE I’M AMAZED………….that insiders in Washington, D.C. think that the selection of Jack Lew is going to be an easy rider for the GOP. Not quite. Many in the opposition party can’t stand Lew. They say he is a more than patient negotiator and will not give any ground on things he wants. Look for this pick to be the sleeper in the Obama second term. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…………at all of the misinformation going out regarding the flu vaccine. This week on Talk Radio I heard about a guy who got a blood blister on his tongue from the shot, heard about someone losing movement in their legs and some person saying $15.00 was too much for him to part with in his “budget”. On issues of health, you find the money. My generations parents always “found” the money for important stuff even if It meant going without for something. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………….at just how nice the rain was today. It was a welcome respite from the cold, dark death of winter. But the good news is that at 5PM, it is still daylight which means the days are getting longer. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………..that on Cable TV, show themes are actually duplicated. I’m here working and Mrs. LuLac is watching “Gold Rush”, (don’t ask, she’s also a fan of “Ice Road Truckers” and I swear I hear the theme from “Hardball”. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED………….at the number of stories going around this week about the late Councilman Jim McCarthy in Wilkes Barre. Every politico I ran into this week had his or her own story about Mr. McCarthy. A radio buddy of mine wondered why no one ever tabbed him to do a radio gig with that marvelous set of pipes he had. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……………………that I see a lot of elderly bicycle riders in LuLac land. In the winter. Last week I’m going over the Market Street Bridge at about 840AM on the way to work and in the right lane, up against a snow bank and hugging the driver’s lane is “gramps” pedaling away. Hood on head, bundled up in a big coat, I swear to God I didn’t think he could see anything. So I slow down and move into the middle lane so as not to hit the guy. Everyone else behind me did the same thing too. More power to him but talk about a traffic hazard. Or a death wish. And it was like 22 degrees. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……………….at just how creepy those Geico commercials are. Talking pigs, lizards with an accent. But nothing is worse than the Progressive spokesperson Flo. I say, “Oh no…Flo”. My wife literally changes the channel when she comes on. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…………………at the glee many of my baseball friends are exhibiting with the recent Hall Of Fame voting that repudiated the players who were accused of using roids. My friend L.A. Tarone was not happy about Bond’s exclusion but he was the only one. Pete Rose gave a great interview on ESPN the other morning and pointed out that what he did in terms of betting was when he was not a player. Rose, surprisingly is not bitter against the steroid guys. But it is amazing that the all time home run leader, the all time hits leader and the best pitcher of this generation is not or won’t get in the Hall. I say put them in but spell it out on the plaque. And for Christ sake, put Roger Maris in too. He did it with Camels and Ballentine Beer! 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……….that the Turnpike Commission bought vehicles for themselves. And they weren’t Dodge Neons, these cars were about $28,000 a piece. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…………that one of the hardest working men in local radio is Beatledd. Ed Raineri’s “Beatleed Hour” on WRKC FM, 88.5 is a must listen for me. A great promoter of his product, Raineri put together this video which was in effect a year in review. 

5 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

On Progressive spokesperson Flo. She is everywhere;tv,adds.etc. Best time of her life. Laughing all the way to the bank. Must be effective as they keep making new ones.

 
At 8:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How could you not just love the Gieco? Best spokesman on TV. And Flo, OMG, she is the best. I kind of remove myself and lok at the spokesperson as having made a huge career out of nothing. The Geico is da man and Flo is the best.

 
At 2:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with Mrs Lu! I used to try to get thru the day without a Paris Hilton sighting, then it was Brittney Spears now its Lindsay Lohan, but the one babe you cant escape is Flo! She is everywhere.
Worse even than the Hagartay chick on SVU Law and Order! Its time to bag Flo. Enough! Radio Tv Print shes everywhere. Flo gotta go!!!

 
At 7:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't you find it at all interesting that the anti-gun rhetoric by Obama, Biden, Bloomburger, etc... has led to an increase in sales and more guns in circulation?
I'm starting to wonder if these guys have stock in weapons companies.

 
At 11:13 AM, Anonymous Your Friend and Political Sparring Partner said...

"at all of the misinformation going out regarding the flu vaccine. "

Yes, there is a lot of misinformation, but I hope you think long and hard about getting the shot. There is a great deal of uncertainty as to whether the flu shot may worsen you MG. And there is still much debate as whether or not the Swine Flu vaccine may be a cause. Don't be so willing to inject a foreign substance into your body just because someone assures you that it is okay.
For years the medical profession said smoking didn't cause problems.
For years the medical profession thought it was a good idea to over prescribe antibiotic.s
For years the medical profession said that the effect of anabolic steroids was strictly placebo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home