Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The LuLac Edition #2547, October 29th, 2013


ANOTHER SCARE TACTIC

So the media now has jumped on the bandwagon saying that individual insurance coverage will be cancelled under Obama Care. The reason is because the individual policies did not fit the mandate of the health care bill.
Of course everyone has blown this out of proportion by saying that everyone’s health care will be jettisoned.
WRONG! WRONG AGAIN!
This is for Individual Plans. That is a person paying for their own insurance. When I was at BCNEPA 5 years ago, an Individual Policy cost nearly $600.00. a month with deductibles for Hospital, Doctors and Drugs. Plus, if you had a pre existing condition, you had a one year waiting period to get covered for that disease.
The Affordable Health Care Act, with its new stance on pre existing conditions makes that a moot question. If you get insurance now, you are covered under the act with pre existing conditions making your old policy not eligible under the Affordable Health Care Act. What the hell is wrong with that?
Furthermore, more than 270 million Americans who are covered by Company or group policies will keep their health care. Those people on individual plans who are losing their insurance will get a better deal.
People have been screaming about deductibles. Under individual and group plans, deductibles vary. Under my health care plan, which is the best offered by my company, I have a $2,000 hospital deductible. One man I was on the same floor with at Geisinger in Danville in March had a $20,000 deductible. That wasn’t because of Obama Care, it was the policy that was chosen and set by the insurer.
Health care is not free. And for people to wring their hands and say under Obama care deductibles will have to be paid, well guess what, we’re paying them now.
Did the President simplify things? Maybe.
But did he lie? No. Because this  only deals with individual plans. And if people really looked and investigated, they’d see that under the new Health care Act, they would benefit more. Who wants to keep a health care plan that doesn’t allow for pre existing conditions or one that makes you wait a year? C’mon guys, quit believing the hysteria.

9 Comments:

At 5:56 AM, Anonymous Pope George Ringo said...

Excellent points, Yonk. However, would it not have been best if someone in the White House had seen this coming?

Had the president explained this as you have, say, six months ago, he would not be in the predicament he is now courtesy of the either hostile or uninformed members of the media.

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonki, Yonki, Yonki, You, my friend are as bad as the Republicans you can't stand so much. But on the opposite end of the spectrum.
You believe all the lies this Snakeoil Salesman Obama has thrown your way. Quit believing the hysteria? Seems to me the people have a right to be hysterical, now that this whole thing seems to be going down the toilet.
Seems these "Scare Tactics" are all coming true.

 
At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two Guys runnin' for Mayor of Scranton. I'm with Steve Corbett on this one. I wouldn't vote for either one of them! Courtright has leadership issues and Mulligan just might pull off the seldom scene Lackawanna County/City GOP victory! I'll vote but not for these two in this race. Who would wanna be Mayor of Scranton anyway? Cant be too smart. What a thankless job...

Old Scranton Fella

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonks - I hope you don't have to learn the hard way about ObamaCare. Way too many things coming out that just don't sound Kosher. You seem to be a die hard Obama fan with blinders on though. I hope you're right.

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"If you get insurance now, you are covered under the act with pre existing conditions making your old policy not eligible under the Affordable Health Care Act. What the hell is wrong with that?"

I'll tell you what the hell is wrong with that. One thing wrong is that is one of the components that is driving up costs for most consumers.

Why do you think companies wouldn't cover pre-existing conditions? You and others on the left try to make them out to be monsters, but the undeniable fact is that it just costs too much. The money to cover treatments for those conditions now has to come from somewhere, and that somewhere is people that don't have those conditions.

"Who wants to keep a health care plan that doesn’t allow for pre existing conditions or one that makes you wait a year?"

You know who? Someone who was perfectly happy with a plan they could afford every month for whom that was a reasonable choice. Now that person doesn't have that choice and effectively has to cover others by paying more for his or her coverage, coverage he or she may never use.

And also stop lying and saying this is only impacting people with individual policies. Employers are dropping plans that aren't granfathered, increasing costs, and making impactful changes such as dropping spousal coverage.

You think this is great, and it benefits you, and that's fine. Stop acting as if many others aren't getting a much shorter end of the stick, because they are, whether you want to admit it or not.

 
At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well my insurance was cancled, and I can't afford anything on the exchange, so I am ****ing scared.
But as long as ***holes like you who don't take care of their own health, want to make sure your pre-existing conditions are the burden of others, while your cancer was taken care of, but you eat shit, stay fat and unhealthy, so when it returns, someone else will have to foot your bill, I will have to take my chances without insurance.
And, I was very happy with my old plan.

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonk,

Have you checked into the ACA?

How would your current plan compare to the ACA plan?

Would you make the switch?

Insurance is based on pure math while spreading the risk across the "pool".

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Well my insurance was cancled, and I can't afford anything on the exchange, so I am ****ing scared.
YOU CAN QUALIFY FOR A SUBSIDY IF YOUR INCOME OR LACK THEREOF IS THAT BAD. AND IF IT COMES OUT OF MY TAXES, I'M GOOD WITH THAT.
But as long as ***holes like you who don't take care of their own health, want to make sure your pre-existing conditions are the burden of others, while your cancer was taken care of, but you eat shit, stay fat and unhealthy, so when it returns, someone else will have to foot your bill, I will have to take my chances without insurance.
A FEW THINGS HERE:
IF A PERSON WHO HAD A PLAN THAT DID NOT COVER PRE EXISTING CONDITION GOT SICK, WHO DO YOU THINK PAID FOR THAT? THE INSURED. VERY FEW PEOPLE WOULD HAVE THE MONEY TO PAY FOR THAT MISFORTUNE. OR MAYBE WE SHOULD JUST LET THEM DIE.
SECOND, MY CANCER: 5 YEARS CANCER FREE AND I'M GRATEFUL FOR THAT BECAUSE I CAUGHT IT IN TIME AND THE INSURANCE WHICH I HAVE HAD ON MY OWN SINCE I WAS 23 MADE THAT POSSIBLE.
MY DOG EATS SHIT, I DO NOT. I HAVE MADE CHANGES TO MY DIET BUT I AM NOT GOING GO ON CRASH DIETS (BEEN THERE DONE THAT) TO ONLY GAIN THE WEIGHT BACK.
SINCE 2007, I LOST 81 POUNDS AND KEPT IT OFF.
SORRY TO REPORT THE CANCER DID NOT COME BACK BUT LATE LAST YEAR I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH A NEUROLOGICAL DISEASE THAT PUT ME IN THE HOSPITAL AND OUT OF WORK FOR 90 DAYS. AND GUESS WHAT? IT DIDN'T HAPPEN BECAUSE I EAT SHIT, AM FAT AND DON'T TAKE CARE OF MYSELF. IT HAPPENED BECAUSE I'M ONE OUT OF EVERY 100,000 PEOPLE WHO GET IT EVERY YEAR.
I AM FOOTING MY OWN BILL, A HOSPITAL STAY CO PAY OF 2100 BUCKS. YOU'RE NOT PAYING, I AM! I HAVE IT DOWN TO $1500 BUCKS. SO DON'T TELL ME SOMEONE ELSE IS PAYING FOR IT.
And, I was very happy with my old plan.
SO NOW YOU ARE GOING TO NOT GET HEALTH INSURANCE TO SPITE US ALL AND THE GUY AT 1600 PENNSYLVANIA AVENUE THAT HAD A GOOD IDEA BUT HAD NO CLUE HOW TO IMPLEMENT IT. BRILLIANT.
UNLIKE YOUR COMMENTS TOWARD ME, I WISH YOU ONLY THE BEST. BECAUSE IF YOU DON'T HAVE HEALTH INSURANCE, I WILL PAY.
AS ALWAYS THANKS FOR READING.
YOUR FRIEND,
TUBBY

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonki, I love it when people personally attack you. I mean I think it stinks but I notice that whenver you give a rebuttal, they just shut the F up. That's why I love reading the LuLac.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home