Saturday, February 21, 2015

The LuLac Edition #2841, February 21st, 2015

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo

MAYBE I’M AMAZED……..that I know that the Hugo Selenski saga is not over. Now Hugo is saying his lawyer was not very competent. Keep in mind that the trials were delayed because he did not like those lawyers from the past or because he wanted to conduct his own defense. As much as I hate to say it, he’ll still be news. He is this century’s George Banks.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that just less than 18 months before the 2016 Presidential election the Democrats are trying to define who they are. In a meeting yesterday Kentucky Gov. Steve Beshear stated "I am here to tell you the Democratic Party has lost its way. The problems are not with the "party's core beliefs, but our inability to convey our principles to the American people in a precise, concise and passionate way." This is very true. The problem is the Democrats never messaged the good things the administration did and they ran away from items that are actually benefiting the Middle Class. For me the biggest boneheaded play by the White House was to delay action on immigration. That cost them the votes of the key Hispanic demographic who has no problem sitting out an election or going over to the other side. The Dems should take a page out of Ronald Reagan’s book. Enunciate three key things you stand for. Then bring back the Clinton era “Truth Squads” to go after the ridiculous lies being told by the national GOP.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that a cat went into a Turkey Hill to rob it on Hazle Street in Wilkes Barre the other night. When told the store had no money, he opted for some Newports. From what I hear even packs of cigarettes are pricey. Kind of reminds me of the old days in Siberia where tea was used as currency.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…at the harping surrounding Paul McCartney’s performance at the Saturday Night Live anniversary the other night. McCartney is past 70 and can no longer hit those high notes. Perhaps he might have chosen something other than “Maybe I’m Amazed” (ironic isn’t it??) but he’s the one who makes the choice.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….at the fuss being made over Vice President Joe Biden whispering in the ear of the new Defense Secretary’s wife. Biden is just that type of guy. He is in stark contrast to the former Vice President Dick Cheney. I wonder was there ever a Vice President that anyone was ever happy with?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that WARM that storied radio station turns 75 this year. Look for some neat historical pieces on our other blog 590 FOREVER WARM next month.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that people all of a sudden think it is a big deal that Wal Mart is raising wages for its workers. They literally had to be shamed into it and if not for a Democratic administration this would never have happened.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the Lackawanna County Democrats are thinking of naming Joe Corcoran the interim Commissioner replacing outgoing Corey “Don’t sing THE BLUES” for me” O’Brien. Didn’t Corcoran land a state gig? Corcoran was the County Treasurer and then went on to serve 24 years in the Commissioners chair.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that the planet Saturn has a lower density than water. The planet would float if you placed it in water.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that A Rod has asked forgiveness again. The question remains is will he be a factor in the Yankees 2015 season or will he be ignored? The Yanks need a bat and if he can hit, get your money’s worth I say. I have a feeling he may be released but I can be wrong on that one.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……at just how quaint TV commercials were when I was a kid. When you see these reality shows, the awards shows where everyone is tongue tangling, you kind of get a nostalgic feeling watching this old Life Buoy ad. The married couple’s lips barely meet square on and from the reports I’ve read, both parties were sober at the time of taping. Oh well, it was the time of separate beds on Donna Reed, Dick Van Dyke and Lucy.

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your defense of a misogynistic, sexist dirty old man says more about you than him.

Anyone who has endured Biden's buffoonery have to run from this. It isn't simply the fact of his hands grasping her shoulders, it is her apparent discomfort, and more telling her relaxation after his unwanted touch was released.

Woman don't particularly enjoy being mauled and manhandled by creepy old guys with hair plugs and veneers.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Your defense of a misogynistic, sexist dirty old man says more about you than him.
IN RESPONSE
I wasn't defending it, I wrote that I was amazed at the fuss being made over it. But I understand your feelings. I don't condone stuff like that, but this guy is who he is. It would be bigger news if he was rebuked.

Anyone who has endured Biden's buffoonery have to run from this. It isn't simply the fact of his hands grasping her shoulders, it is her apparent discomfort, and more telling her relaxation after his unwanted touch was released.
IN RESPONSE
I did not see her reaction but I trust your comments on this.
Woman don't particularly enjoy being mauled and manhandled by creepy old guys with hair plugs and veneers.
IN RESPONSE
From my experience, women don't like to be mauled and manhandled by any man. The age, hair plugs and the teeth notwithstanding.

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Me sees a big hint in Maybe I'm Amazed. Number 8 down!!!

 
At 5:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scranton JoBi delivers again. Its in his DNA.

Another reason I have my water delivered.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home