Monday, November 30, 2015

The LuLac Edition #3078, November 30th, 2015

CHRISTIE GETS ENDORSEMENT OF UNION LEADER
Governor Chris Christie. (Photo: CBS News.com).
New Jersey Governor Chris Christie received the endorsement of The Manchester Union Leader, the most influential (according to some) newspaper in New Hampshire. This is a big boost for the Christie campaign which has been in need of a boost lately.
A cautionary tale though, the Union Leader endorsed Newt Gingrich in2012.

BOB McGOFF GONE @ 67
The late Bob McGoff with current Federal Magistrate Joseph Saporito at a Matt Cartwright event a few years back. (Photo: LuLac archives).
Scranton City Councilman Bob McGoff died a few weeks back. He was fighting a very tough battle with cancer. He brought reason and stability to the Scranton City Council. McGoff also played basketball with my latre friend and LuLac poser Jim Petrie. His steady hand will be missed at Scranton City Hall.

JOHN CHARLES PASSES AWAY
The late John Charles and your blog editor at an event for Judge Tina Gartley in 2011. (Photo: LuLac archives).
I only new John Charles by reputation as the State Democratic Committeeman as well as the head of Recreation for Luzerne County. But I met him personally in 2008 when my mom and his wife Nan shared a room at Heinz. John was always there by his wife's side and when I visited my mother we had great chats about local political history. He was a fine man who I was glad I got to know even though both our loved ones were at their final destinations in life.
They say things happen for a reason and I'm glad John and I finally met and swapped stories about politics in the Lu as well as in the nation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home