Tuesday, August 30, 2016

The LuLac Edition #3288, August 30th, 2016

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that there are 365 steps in the U.S. Capitol. One for each day of the year.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that the Trump campaign somehow has blamed Hillary Clinton’s campaign for the recent Anthony Wiener sexting scandal. Seems the disgraced Congressman just can’t get over sending photos of himself to the lay-ay-dees. Now his wife, Huma Abedin announced Monday that she and Weiner are separating. But this is what someone wrote on Facebook: Human Abedin and Anthony Weiner separating but plan to remain, per her statement, "devoted to doing what is best for our son..." Hey Huma: here's a radical idea...if you want to do right by your kid...stop LYING for your boss...and tell your estranged husband to stop being a total PERVERT!
So there is still gold to mine, no matter how farfetched in those Clinton hate statements. Meanwhile, because Weiner involved his son, I’d dump his ass and arrest him. But not bring in the former Secretary of State into it.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that John McCain’s opponent in his Senate race said he was way too old for the job. The state of Arizona is btw populated with urbane seniors who won’t take kindly to that type of ageism, from a doctor no less. But this is what tea party types do…over play their hands.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that when I make a strong, liberal, progressive statement on the blog, I’m compared to Steve Corbett. When I make a Conservative type statement, I’m compared to Sue Henry. I must be doing something right, I think.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..at how quick the Railriders season goes. But I was happy to get to a game this year. The Railriders clinched a playoff spot. Kudos to them. Speaking of baseball, Matt Cartwright has an event this Saturday. 
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…that the Trump campaign and the GOP tell us that blacks in this country have NO Jobs, no futures and are the victims of huge unemployment. Well, when Barack Obama took office, black unemployment was 16%, now it is 8%. Not great but better than before.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that when Hillary Clinton makes the claim that Donald Trump is not a real Republican, she inadvertently makes the case for GOP Senators like our own Pat Toomey, Arizona's John McCain, New Hampshire's Kelly Ayotte , Ohio's Rob Portmanand Wisconsin's Ron Johnson to hang on. People in the GOP fold who can’t abide Trump will either not vote for the top of the ticket or hold their nose and vote for Clinton. Then justify it by saying they voted for a real Republican for Senate.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that this was the 50th anniversary for the last time the Beatles toured in the U.S. wrapping up in San Francisco. Ironically both surviving Beatles, Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney are touring the country this year. As you know, Mrs. LuLac and I got to see Ringo and his All Star band in June. Here are two songs, one by Ringo and one by Paul that didn’t make the concert program but are still two of my favorites.


MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..but really not that amazed that Donald Trump is not preparing for the debate by going over briefing books. This will be one heck of a debate!

3 Comments:

At 12:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One paragraph, but you have her name spelled 3 different ways...

Uma
Human
Huma

Which one is it?

"Now his wife, uma Abedin announced Monday that she and Weiner are separating. But this is what someone wrote on Facebook: Human Abedin and Anthony Weiner separating but plan to remain, per her statement, "devoted to doing what is best for our son..." Hey Huma: here's a radical idea...if you want to do right by your kid...stop LYING for your boss...and tell your estranged husband to stop being a total PERVERT!"

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

One paragraph, but you have her name spelled 3 different ways...

Uma
Human
Huma

IN RESPONSE

# 3, I missed the "H" and did not correct the FB post.

 
At 1:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What does Hillary Clinton have to do with this?

-Jared

 

Post a Comment

<< Home