The LuLac Edition #3321, October 13th, 2016
1. If the election were held today, who would win by the popular vote?
Right now it appears that Clinton will win but not by a lot. She’ll do well electoral college wise. However because of the attacks designed to drive down Clinton’s already unfavorable, Trump can very well win the popular vote. He has brought the GOP pattern of “Switftboating” to new heights and new lows.
2. What are your thoughts on the way Donald Trump seems to be running against his own party?
It is very silly and counterproductive but there’s a methods to his madness. I believe that he will dime the establishment out to get his people who want to throw the bird to all of government. The issue though is they have no clue that the government they want to destroy actually runs their lives, many times in a positive way.
3. How 'bout those Indians? And those Cubs?
Step one for both this week. Fingers crossed.
4. Will Trump show up for the last debate?
Oh yeah. He’ll use it to viscerally attack Clinton and do himself no good.
5. What did that J.F. 16 mean on the Cubs hat?
That’s a tribute to Jose Fernandez of the Marlin’s who lost his life in a boating accident.
6. McGinty vs. Toomey? Thoughts?
I’d love to have the interest on all the money both of them spent for this race. Here’s a barometer, if Clinton wins by more than 8 points, McGinty gets in. If Trump keeps her to less than 2%, Toomey gets it.
7. Any predictions on the swing states?
Colorado, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Wisconsin are now safe for Clinton. But anything can change. Forget Iowa and even Florida. There is no hope for those two states.
8. Any thoughts on the recently celebrated national pierogie day?
Love the ‘rogies. Went down to The Sanitary last night and got two dozen to celebrate 10 days later! One day I’ll have to grill them like Joe Snedecker.
9. What is the difference between Bill Clinton's political style and Hillary's?
Both have empathy for people but Bill is more natural and can throw the bull a tad better. Hillary has an Al Gore type persona where she answers with her head and not her heart. That’s the difference.
10. What if Joe Biden was the nominee instead of Hillary, would the attacks be as virulent?
Oh yeah they would never give him a pass. But Biden would bitch and complain and fight right back. Clinton can’t because she’d be bitchy. Or worse. But you know what? If I were her I’d go hells bells against him because the people who are against her will never change. She has nothing to lose.
11. Are you going to the WILK talker's event at the Kirby tonight?
Nope. I love all my friends at WILK but a few years ago I went to the Philadelphia Zoo and got my fill. If the intellectual rabble who call the station everyday, four times a day show up there (bad enough I see one of the knuckleheads in his straw hat when I’m driving to work) I don’t want to have nightmares for the rest of the year.
12. Paul Ryan, fool or statesman?
Ryan is an American who respects the institutions of government. He wants to be on the right side of history. I disagree with his stance on Social Security but respect him as a true leader. Just because the no nothing bully calls Ryan a less then, and weak, doesn't mean it's true.
13. Dave, it's been a while and since Samsung has been in the news how about a little B phone?
You got it.