Tuesday, June 09, 2020

The LuLac Edition #4,320, June 9th, 2020

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..but not really at the defense of President Trump’s actions on Lafayette Square. The guy tried a stunt with a Bible as a religious prop. Again this was a failure of staffing on the people he hired or an epic failure on the part of the President who did not listen to his staff. Or perhaps sadly, has intimidated them to the point that they are just rubber stamp bobble heads for the guy.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…. that squirrels lose half of the nuts they gather. If you ask me, they run too fast.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that finally the NFL came out and declared they were wrong about how taking a knee was an insult to the flag. The fact that the League as a whole never defended its players when old Diaper Don called players who supported that acted SOBs was a disgrace in and of itself. Had it not been for 20 players issuing this video, I’m sure the NFL would have stayed silent.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..the Archer fish can shoot down bugs from overhanging leaves that reach 7 feet.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..at the irony of this life situation for me. On March 16th I attended a funeral Mass (I gave the eulogy for WWII Veteran John Gosciewski. Later that afternoon the Bishop announced the closure of the churches due to the pandemic. 
Then last week I attended a Mass (after the church reopened of another funeral Mass for still another veteran Stephen Harcher.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..the average smell weighs 760 nanograms. I have no idea how to weigh a smell.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..that as of today, the Secret Service has protected the President from a fatality for 17,675 days.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..the average speed of a house fly is 4.5 miles per hour.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…..but not really at the organic nature of the peaceful protests that are being organized and attended by concerned citizens regarding injustice for blacks in America. What is even more amazing is that a majority of Americans support that. Juxtapose that with the Civil Rights struggle of the 60s when more than 65% of Americans thought those demonstrations were not helpful.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that zero is the only number not represented by Roman numerals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home