The LuLac Edition #5, 785. October 4th, 2026
Cedar's Pumpkin Hummus
The pumpkin hummus tasted like a slice of pumpkin pie. I wish they made it year round.
Crispy Cookies with Real Pumpkin Flavor
Pepperidge Farms cookies are outstanding. The pumpkin spice Milano’s are to die for and the Pumpkin Cheesecake cookies are juicy, soft and flavorful.
Snickers Banana Nut Candy Bar
The newest Snickers flavor is a major departure from the original candy bar. I tried it before its official release—and promptly ate the entire thing.
I love bananas. I love them even more in desserts. Bananas Foster is my absolute favorite indulgence, banana cream pie is always a yes, and a fresh loaf of banana bread never lasts more than a day in my house. Banana-flavored candy, however, is another story. I’ve never cared for that particular artificial flavor, so when I heard about Snickers’ new flavor, I was initially skeptical.
Still, I wanted to try it. I stopped by Walgreens a few days ahead of the official release on the off chance the new bars had arrived, and luck was on my side: I managed to get an early taste test before they hit shelves. It still has the milk chocolate, caramel and peanuts you’d expect from a Snickers; the only real difference is banana-flavored nougat. That means the peanuts already in a Snickers supply the “nut” part of banana nut bread, while the nougat brings in the banana.
DOMINO’S DETROIT STYLE MINIS
After more than 65 years, Domino's finally has a dish named after the brand itself. I tried the domino-shaped pizza with my kids, and it's about to make pizza night so much easier.
That changed on Aug. 31 with the nationwide launch of the chain’s first Detroit-style pizza. It’s a small rectangular pizza divided into two large, square slices, making the finished pie look, appropriately enough, like an oversized domino.
Domino’s uses its buttery-flavored pan dough, coats it with Parmesan and bakes it in a rectangular pan, giving the pizza the thick, airy interior and crisp, cheesy edges Detroit-style pizza is known for. On top are two layers of cheese, your choice of sauce and up to three toppings. It’s then finished with Domino’s signature garlic seasoning.
What really sets the Domino apart, though, is that it’s made for one person. Everyone gets to choose their own sauce and toppings instead of negotiating what goes on a shared pizza. As the mother of two children, I require no further explanation of the appeal.
In short, I loved it.
I ordered the pepperoni, and the crust was easily my favorite part. It was thick and soft inside with a crisp bottom and edges, and the Parmesan added a salty, savory layer beneath all that cheese and pepperoni. The garlic seasoning kept it recognizably Domino’s, but the texture was unlike any Domino’s pizza I’ve had before.
I h ad one with Pepperoni at work and it was tasty, filling and left a good taste.
My next order will be onions, peppers and extra cheese with a special request for extra crispy crust.
NEW KETCHUP FLAVORS
Heinz has expanded its Simply ketchup line with two permanent flavors, Simply Pickle and Simply Spicy, both sweetened with cane sugar rather than the corn syrups used in Original Heinz.
Simply Pickle adds tangy pickle flavor from acidified cucumber juice, while Simply Spicy uses real jalapeños for mild heat that builds and lingers.
Simply Pickle and Simply Spicy are available nationwide in 13.5-ounce bottles for $4 at retailers including Wal-Mart and Target.

.jpg)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home