Sunday, October 03, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1319, Oct. 3rd, 2010



PHOTO INDEX: VOTE LOGO.

ELECTION REMINDER!!!!

I heard a pretty fascinating story this weekend on Public Radio. Young Obama voters were being asked how they were going to vote this time around. The responses were mind boggling but not surprising. The youngster made a few comments like, "I voted for Obama because he was a man of color. The current crop of Congress is just white men and I can't identify with them". Or "I'm not too focused on the issues this time around, Obama can handle this right?" Or my personal favorite, "I don't vote in off year elections because they're not that important". Tell that to Arlen Specter!!!! My point here is that voting is like a marriage or a promise to your citizenship. You have to continue the contract, renew it every time there is an election. You can't put it aside like a toy or a bauble that was once shiny and new and then bring it out when the spirit moves you. You have to use your vote. Every time. And speaking of that, if you want to register to vote this time around, you have to do it by midnight on Monday, that's tomorrow Oct. 4th. Voter Registration number for Luzerne County is (570) 825-1715. In Lackawanna County the number is 570-963-6737. Personally I'm doing this as a public service. I have my own feelings on turnout and 100% participation. I'd rather have a 35% turnout of voters who are actually thinking than an 80% turnout of people who are getting their marching orders from zealots, uniformed political action committees and people with a right wing fascist bias toward America. Buy hey, that's me. Go and vote, no matter how smart or dumb I think you might be.

2 Comments:

At 7:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marino's Campaign seems to be on the same course as the Hindenburg
if it would have overshot Jersey!
No opponent necessary. A self
imploding campaign. Not the first and not the last, just the latest.

Waverly Bob

 
At 7:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog alot. I saw that one commercial about Hazleton Lou Barletta but isnt Hazleton in Kanjorski disrtict? Or did he send Paul Maher up there when he has meetings up there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home