Friday, September 24, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1309, Sept. 24th, 2010


PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.

MAYBE I'M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed……that the Congress of the United States took the time to have Stephen Colbert testify in character before a Tax Payer funded Congressional hearing. What could he add? I mean its like the Congress in 1966 hearing testimony from Buddy Ebsen as Jed Clampett or Adam West as Batman. How stupid are the Democrats going to get handing issues over to the GOP on a silver platter.
Maybe I’m Amazed…...that it is 11 years ago today that my auto accident happened. I think I’ve been through 25 canes in the time period. #1 reason for cane casualty: leaving them on the top of my car and then driving off and seeing them disappear on the highways and byways of LuLac land.
Maybe I’m Amazed….that Rush Limbaugh has been bragging about how he is the first person in his college not to go to college. I came from a time when it was fashionable, even honorable to be the first person in your family educated beyond high school. I guess Rush has adopted a little bit of the NEPA philosophy proudly proclaimed, “I’m ignorant and don’t you ever forget that”.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that there are people who will benefit from the Health Care Bill doing everything in their power to defeat it. Talk about lack of self political interest.

5 Comments:

At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too bad Congress waited too long or we could have Charleton Heston testify as Moses, Raymond Massey as Lincoln or Ronald Reagan as the Gipper! What the hell is all this time wasting assinity about. These
fools have nothing better to do I guess. The Governor of California is still available to appear as the Terminator.

 
At 9:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let's see many college grads today are taking jobs where they are in the service industry making maybe 400.00 a week. Rush Limbaugh singed a multi year contract worth something like 400 million dollars.... Umm he is wrong.. how?

 
At 9:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why not the robot from "Lost in Space?" WARNING! WARNING! WARNING WILL ROBINSON! MASSIVE GOVERNMENT BLACK HOLE DEAD AHEAD!!

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mark my words: with the government stepping in and upping the availability of college loans there will be a sub-prime mortgage-like bubble that will burst.

Big Ed has no reason to lower their cost and graduates will realize that a $100,000 loan is a hard hole to dig out of. Especially with no guarantee of making anything near enough to pay it off in a reasonable time.

I'm recommending that anyone who wants college first get a job and then "pay-as-you-go".

 
At 5:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"that Rush Limbaugh has been bragging about how he is the first person in his college not to go to college."

I realize that listening to Rush is not something you do but if you listened for a while you would TOTALLY understand his comment within the context of his life. Those of us who do, on occasion, listen find is comment valid.

Maybe I'm Amazed...that you would have stretched logic like spandex on Michael Moore. (my eyes!, my eyes!)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home