Friday, October 08, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1324, Oct. 8th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: MAYBE I'M AMAZED LOGO.

MAYBE I'M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed……that the gas drillers did not take the opportunity to appear on the WVIA TV 44 “State of Pennsylvania” program. It would be a chance to get opinions and put on a public relations push. But their reticence only fuels the suspicions of them and their role. Some very good points were made during the program which airs again on Sunday afternoon at 1PM on 44. The best was by Sue Henry who said, “What’s the hurry”. She also spoke of the legacy of coal mining here saying her grandfather had oxygen for the last two years of his life. Mrs. LuLac’s father worked in the mines, he died in 1969 at the age of 61. The doctor who did his autopsy said that there was pink lung tissue on just about an area of a thumbnail on his lungs. The rest: black. People around here don’t forget stuff like that. Money or not.
Maybe I’m Amazed……that they pulled “Law and Order” off the air after 20 years and replaced it with “Law and Order: Los Angeles”. Same plot, same show, same format, just sun vs New York dreaminess.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that there is nary a peep about any testimonials for outgoing Senators Mellow and Musto. C’mon, no testimonials for these guys?
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that the people who used to frequent FaceBook every minute of the day talking about topics ranging from their belly button link to what Aunt Clara had for breakfast have just stopped posting. Did they die? Did they “defriend” me? Aw, too busy to check.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that the most unfriendly people I have encountered in my job search last year were the Human Resources people at the Social Security Administration in Wilkes Barre. Close enough for government work I guess.
Maybe I’m Amazed….that the Phillies (my boyhood team that constantly disappointed me) and their manager Charlie Manual (former Indians manager who pretty much mailed it in when he was in Cleveland) are on the verge of a dynasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home