Saturday, November 13, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1371, Nov. 13th, 2010




PHOTO INDEX: 13 QUESTIONS LOGO.

13 QUESTIONS

1. HOW DID YOU DO ON THE ELECTION PREDICTIONS?

AWFUL. PICKED KANJO AND CARNEY. THOUGHT TOOHILL WOULD WIN BUT NOT BY THAT MUCH. I PRETTY MUCH THOUGH WAS WRONG ON EVERYTHING.

2. YOU SAY YOU ARE A ROMAN CATHOLIC, NOT A CHRISTIAN, DO YOU GO TO CHURCH AND DO YOU GET ANYTHING OUT OF IT?

I GO EVERY WEEK. I THINK I MISSED ONE WEEK IN OVER FIFTY YEARS AND THAT WAS BECAUSE OF THE CANCER SURGERY. I THINK IT KEPT THE BONDS TO MY MARRIAGE GOING DESPITE MY BEHAVIOR. I CAN’T SAY I PRAY, I THINK MY PRAYERS ARE MORE LIKE BEESEECHMENTS. LIKE I THINK, “HOLY CRAP, GET ME THROUGH THE WORK WEEK”, STUFF LIKE THAT. I DO TEND TO DO A LOT OF SECULAR THINKING IN CHURCH. I’VE COME UP WITH IDEAS FOR THE BLOG, IDEAS FOR MY WRITING PROJECTS. IT’S A QUIET PLACE TO THINK. WHAT I GET OUT OF IT IS A SENSE OF CONNECTION AND CEREMONY. I DON’T THINK THAT MAKES ME THE GREATEST CATHOLIC IN THE WORLD BECAUSE I COULDN’T NAME THE 900th SORROWFUL MYSTERY OF WHATEVER BUT I’M THERE. AND IN A WEIRD SORT OF WAY, FOR REASONS I CANNOT EXPLAIN, I CAN’T SEE ME NOT GOING.

3.WHAT WAS THAT BIG FIGHT ON WYLN TV 35 ON ELECTION NIGHT? I JUST TUNED IN AND YOU GUYS WERE APOLOGIZING. WHAT HAPPENED?

TARONE BUSTED JOE ZOBA, ZOBA RESPONDED IN KIND, DON PACHANCE TRIED TO CALM US DOWN, THEN TARONE STARTED TALKING ABOUT HOW OUR FREEDOMS ARE GOING AWAY IN 30 YEARS, THEN I ASKED TARONE (LOUDLY) WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME HE GOT STOPPED AT A STATE BORDER, THEN ZOBA STARTED TO REITERATE HIS POINT, THEN WE WENT TO BREAK. IT WAS AFTER 10PM, THE KIDS WERE WATCHING MTV OR HAD THEIR IPODS PLUGGED IN AND WERE NOWHERE NEAR WYLN TV 35. THE INTERESTING THING WAS NO ONE WAS SHOOTING US E MAILS OR TEXTS UNTIL THE “DISCUSSION” BEGAN. IT WAS LIVE TV AT ITS BEST!

4.WLL HILLARY GO AFTER OBAMA IN 2012?

NO. HER PRESIDENTIAL AMBITIONS ARE OVER. THE TWO GUYS YOU WANT TO WATCH ARE RUSS FIENGOLD FROM WISCONSIN AND HOWARD DEAN. THEY MAY POSE A CHALLENGE FROM THE LEFT.

5.YOU ARE ON A DESSERT ISLAND FOR A LONG TIME. ONE CANDY BAR FOR THE DURATION. WHICH IS ITY?

M&M’S FOR OBVIOUS REASONS. THEY MELT IN YOUR MOUTH AND NOT IN YOUR HANDS.

6.1966 IS FINALLY GOING AWAY AS A FEATURE. IT SUCKED. WILL WE HAVE A BETTER YEAR TO REMEMBER IN 2011?

YES, I THINK I MIGHT ACTUALLY MOVE INTO THE 80s .

7.HAVE YOU EVER CONSIDERED WRITING A HISTORY OF POLITICS IN LULAC LAND?

WHAT A PROJECT. IN ORDER TO DO IT RIGHT YOU’D HAVE TO DO IT BY VOLUMES. IF I WON THE LOTTERY AND DIDN’T HAVE TO WORK, I’D CONSIDER WRITING IT. BUT IT IS A DAUNTING TASK.

8.HAVE YOU HAD THE McRIB SANDWICH?

NO. I BUY A SMALL BREAKFAST FROM THE DOLLAR MENU AT THE McDONALD’S IN MOUNTAINTOP. $1.06 EVERYDAY, WHEN IT’S A FRIDAY, $2.12. I TEND TO STAY AWAY FROM McRIBS BECAUSE IF YOU ARE GOING TO BLOW CALORIES ON RIBS, COOK THEM YOURSELF OR GO TO SMOKEY BONES. MRS. LULAC CLAIMS SHE HAD A McRIBB SANDWICH AND IT WAS A PATTY. SO NO, I HAVEN’T HAD ONE AND PEOPLE I’VE TALKED TO SAID IT WAS DIFFERENT THIS TIME AROUND.

9. WHAT DID YOU THINK OF THE OUTCOME OF THE WORLD SERIES?

I ALWAYS LOVED THE CITY OF SAN FRANCISCO FLAMING GODSLESS LIBERAL THAT I AM. ON ONE OF MY VISITS, DON ZIMMER WHO WAS THE BENCH COACH AND ROGER CRAIG WHO WAS THE MANAGER WERE VERY GENEROUS WITH THEIR TIME TO ME. LOVE THE FACT THAT LONG SUFFERING FANS LIKE L.A. TARONE AND MY GRADE SCHOOL BUDDY BOBBY PARA FINALLY GOT A WORLD SERIES WIN. SO I’M GLAD THE GIANTS WON. ALTHOUGH I MUST SAY TEXAS' NOLAN RYAN WAS ALWAYS A GENTLEMAN TO ME WHEN I WAS WRITING SPORTS IN THE 80S AND TRAVELING TO THE VET.

10.YOUR LEAST FAVORITE SHOW AS A KID?

I HAD NO PATIENCE FOR GILLIGAN’S ISLAND. IT WAS THE SAME THING EVERY TIME AND I WAS FRUSTRATED BY GILLIGAN’S INCOMPETENCE WHICH I REALIZE WAS THE POINT OF THE SHOW. BUT I HATED IT.

11.WHAT’S THE BIG DEAL WITH OLD FORGE PIZZA?

DAMNED IF I KNOW. MOST OF THEM USE DOUGH FROM AGOSTINI’S. IT’S DOWN ON MY LIST. I MEAN STILL IN THE TOP 15 BUT NOWHERE NEAR THE TOP.

12.YOU’VE DONE TV THROUGH THE YEARS. WHAT WAS YOUR FAVORITE VENUE?

LOVED THE SPONTANEITY OF BEING ON WYOU TV BECAUSE I’D BE WORKING AT MY DESK AT BLUE CROSS AND THEN GET AN E MAIL AT 1PM ASKING ME TO COME IN. BUT MY FAVORITE WAS DOING PUBLIC AFFAIRS ON CHANNEL 44 IN THE 70s. HAD ONE HOUR ON A FRIDAY NIGHT AND GOT TO MEET A LOT OF IMPRESSIVE POLITICIANS. LOOKING BACK I DIDN”T REALIZE THEN WHAT AN OPPORTUNITY IT WAS.

13. NOW THAT THE GOP IS TAKING OVER THINGS, DO YOU HAVE AN ALTERNATIVE PLAN PERSONALLY?

YEAH, BRITISH COLUMBIA.

14 Comments:

At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Your Friend and Political Sparring Partner said...

as far as #5 gotta go with mounds or almond joy a little melt of coconut in hands might provide a little lube for all those lonely nights and days

 
At 12:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Mr. Yonki,
I heard you on WILK after the election. Great job. It took me a while to find your site though. I don't know if you are aware of this or not, your web address is NOT the LulcacPoliticalLetter.blogspot.com
It is actually, LuLacPolicitaletter.blogspot.com.. the "L" at then end of political or begging of letter is missing..

 
At 1:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Classy comment 6:42! Try a little self edit next time. Low class is better than no class. Surprised Yonki let this one thru as Lulac
usually takes the high road. Some jerks post too often with nothing to say and this serves as an excellent example.

 
At 1:25 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
It is actually, LuLacPolicitaletter.blogspot.com.. the "L" at then end of political or begging of letter is missing..
YES I KNOW, IT WAS A ROOKIE MISTAKE WHEN I WAS STARTING THE BLOG. CAN'T CHANGE IT NOW SINCE IT'LL MESS UP 4 YEARS OF POSTS.
Classy comment 6:42! Try a little self edit next time. Low class is better than no class. Surprised Yonki let this one thru as Lulac
usually takes the high road. Some jerks post too often with nothing to say and this serves as an excellent example.
I THINK THE POST WAS RELATED TO THE MEDICINAL USES OF COCONUT OIL BUT WAS POSTED INCORRECTLY BY SAID POSTER. I'LL STICK WITH THE M & Ms.

 
At 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The way things are going: I'm "camping" with L.A. Tyrone.

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No Dave,
It was TV at its worst.
There is no room for profanity period.
And that's no Bullshit.

 
At 5:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

M&Ms for me too. Plain and peanut.
As far as medicinal value is concerned, Dark Chocolate is the ticket.

Waverly Bob

 
At 5:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You led with your heart in the election Dave. I think this one, slowly but surely, shows that people are willing to split their tickets. In the old days you would have been a lock....its a different ballgame nowadays.

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I go to church every week. I should go to confession (that's another story). For me, I know I'm imperfect, I know I'm a sinner. When my time is up...at the very least, I want that on my side; to say that hey at least once a week, I humbled myself for one hour of worship and acknowledged that I'm not the boss.
Plus, take a look at all of the older people...most have a look and air of peacefulness and a joyful heart. I want that when I'm 80..if I make it that long.

 
At 7:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave
I luved Gilligan's Island. And I Maryann was my first if you know what i mean:-o

 
At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

No I meant it they way I said it. Lighten up a little 1:07 or better yet, use some lube to pull that stick out of your ***! I know you will edit Dave, but sometimes tight ***** need to be told off. I would do it to his/her face.

 
At 11:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This feature in LuLac continues to be the most informative and entertaining on the net. Keep up the good work. Love the 13 Questions. One of these years, I might ask one!

 
At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks 9:25 Your class continues to show. Too bad you struggle so with the English language, but consider me told off if that brings a smile to your little heart. I was wrong when I gave you the benefit of low class. Frustrated people rant about telling people off.
Attention to detail isnt a strong point either!
1:07 not 1:17

 
At 12:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dave, you are so fickle. First it was Chunky, then Take 5 now you go to M&Ms. I hope that it has to do with survival because as you know in WWII the Mars Corporation made M&Ms so soldiers could have a potable snack.

SUSAN FULLBRIGHT

 

Post a Comment

<< Home