Friday, December 10, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1400, Dec. 10th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: "MAYBE I'M AMAZED" LOGO.


MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Maybe I’m Amazed……that basketball coaches like Urban Meyer quit a job and talk about how they need to be with their kids, watch them participate in sports and take the time to take care of their health. Then a few days later there are rumors he’s going to a pro team to reunite with Tim Tibow. When they say its about the kids, it ain’t.
Maybe I’m Amazed….that in New York City on Wednesday to commemorate the 30th anniversary of John Lennon’s death, Steve Corbett and Bosco of WILK fame were in town along with Sir Paul McCartney. Imagine those three guys having lunch at Ray’s Original or the Carnegie Deli.
Maybe I’m Amazed…..people try to trivialize the breast cancer cause by offering tee shirts with captions about “boobs”, “boobies” “jugs” and what have you. I mean why not put the Pink Panther in A Frederick’s of Hollywood bra already! See, going pink is just fine. But do it with dignity. My fear is that this is becoming like so much of our society today, a reality/cartoon type show. People are still dying from this disease, whether it be Elizabeth Edwards or thousands of other women like her. Let’s understand that folks.
Maybe I’m Amazed….that my boys at my book signing (Bruce, David, Frank and myself and counting absentees Pat, Gibson, Pete and John from Florida) actually saw the very first Charlie Brown Christmas Special when it first aired in 1965 as well as the very first Superbowl and Monday Night football game. Maybe I’m Amazed we’re still moving!
Maybe I’m Amazed…..that we are now writing our 1400th edition. Yikes. I never thought people would still be reading and stopping by. Thank you.

7 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This post is looking very informative. The main aspect of this post is its valuable information. After reading this post any one will get some very important points which are only helpful even precious also. I like to visit the post of many different kinds but it is the first time when I am completely satisfied.

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy 1400th Yonk!!!!
That is truly an accomplishment. And it's not bad stuff either. Way to go man.

 
At 10:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Minor point, but Meyer is a Football coach. Either way your point is on target. We make such heroes of these guys and overpay them to the max. Few could hold a candle to UCLAs Basketball Coach Jonn Wooden, but Lord knows what the alumni and supporters were doing behind his back to recruit players.

Pete

 
At 11:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why would McCartney have lunch with a small town radio show host?
Why would anyone imagine that happening? Your WILK worship is showing again.
The only question is, will you print this? Probably not.

 
At 8:06 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
Why would McCartney have lunch with a small town radio show host?
UH, THIS WAS SATIRE!
Why would anyone imagine that happening?
YOU WOULDN'T BELIEVE THE STUFF I IMAGINE, SOME OF IT IS SCARY, MOST OF IT WINDS UP IN MY BOOKS.
The only question is, will you print this? Probably not.
UH, WRONG.

 
At 1:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Satire, EY! OK.
The WILK worship remark still stands. The reason I thought you might not print it was because in the past you have failed to print a remark or two I made re WILK so I set a trap with the bet you wont print it ploy. I knew you couldnt resist the easy shot. UH, right.
Absent the WILK defender role, I really like your site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home