Saturday, December 22, 2012

The LuLac Edition #2304, December 22nd, 2012

U.S. Senator John Kerry. (Photo IB Times).

KERRY THE ONE 


The decorated Vietnam War who was savaged by other Vietnam Veterans (Swiftboating) in the 2004 Presidential election has now become the Secretary of State. If not for a few county’s in Ohio and the overrated abilities of Democratic gas bag Bob Shrum. Kerry would beaten George W. Bush. Kerry, widely acknowledged in 2008 to be the front runner for the job until President Obama persuaded Hillary Clinton for the position, now has his nomination. Kerry has real world experience, has been on the Foreign Relations Committee forever and brings the perspective of a combat veteran who will not go lightly into any armed conflict. His nomination should sail through. Plus he has the support of Senator John McCain who has been a fierce foreign policy critic of this administration. Kerry is married to Teresa Heinz, the widow of the late Senator John Heinz. They will make quite the couple on the world stage. 

ROBERT BORK 

Robert Bork, the Solicitor General during the Nixon administration who fired Attorney General Elliott Richardson, Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus and Watergate Special Prosecutor Archibald Cox in the famed “Saturday Night Massacre” has died. Bork also was the nominee to the Supreme Court by Ronald Reagan who faced fierce opposition from the Democratic left. In subsequent Supreme Court Senate showdowns, Bork’s name became a verb when a nominee faced harsh criticism. He or she was “borked”. Bork died in Washington, D.C. Wednesday at the age of 85. 

NOT A SLUR 

A few people have e mailed me regarding a supposed slur made by the late President Nixon on the recently passed Daniel Inouye’s name when he (the Hawaii Senator) was on the Watergate Committee. Untrue. Nixon never made a slur on the Senator’s name. When his two top aides were handicapping the Senate Watergate committee members and how they would treat the President, Nixon referred to Inouye’s war record in the Pacific and thought he might be sympathetic since Nixon served in the Pacific too. Bob Haldeman replied, “Inouye? Ain no way”, or something close to that. It was a play on words of Inouye’s name and his possible reactions. Haldemanm was prescient because after John Erlichman’s testimony before the committee, Inouye commented with what he thought was a closed microphone, “What a liar”. 

POST OFFICE ENCOUNTER 

So I’m getting something out of my trunk today and walking up my front steps. A mailman sails past me and heads for our mailbox. I say loudly, “I live here, you can give me the mail”. He totally ignores me and dumps it in the mailbox. So I say to him, “You could’ve given it to me” and he says, “I just deal with the boxes”. He wasn’t my regular mail person. And I understand how busy the post office is with mail delivery as well as postmarking letters to the North Pole for all the kids who write. And I bet they are busy doing charity work for the area poor too at this time of year. 
Oh wait….they wouldn’t think of doing that here like in New York or Allentown or Philadelphia. They only deal with the boxes.

5 Comments:

At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know Kerry is smart. I just hope he is tough enough and doesnt ever let himself get "swiftboated" again! Put up a fight. State your case. Go on offense.

 
At 3:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DYonk, Cheap shot at the mailmen. They put a lot of effort into collecting food and if you think adding can goods to their job is not a chore then you have never unloaded a car full of groceries. Now be a good boy and say Sorry Mailman.6101

 
At 7:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's very possible that the mailman was doing his job. In spite of your claims that you lived there he did what he was paid to do. Put the mail in your box.
Had he put the mail in your hands (and you said yourself you did not know him, nor he you) then what if it was a thief?
And what if the mail contained one of those huge royalty checks from your cough literary tour de forces.
What then, hmmm?

By the way I see you kept the captcha. Wise move. Never listen to your customer base. And you just know that there are millions of bots out there trying to infiltrate this blog.

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonk

For Christmas' sake: cut the carrier a break. For all he knows you're a ballsy dressed-up street-person who just broke into a car. He doesn't know you and giving a stranger someone's mail is a ticket to Post Office hell at best.
I mean, you've posted enough of your neighborhood travails to support this scenario.

He is trained to put it in the correct box, that is his task. If the mail gets stolen, an identity cloned and a citizen pissed off at least he is clear. He did his job and it is safe.

You are too quick on the "outrage" trigger lately - maybe it's your meds. I hope you reconsider - he is due an apology for following what is an all-to-common training template.

He and his family avoided their own "We Wish You Well In Your Future Endeavors" chapter of life.

Merry Christmas Dave!

 
At 11:00 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
I know Kerry is smart. I just hope he is tough enough and doesnt ever let himself get "swiftboated" again! Put up a fight. State your case. Go on offense.
I SAID ON TV THAT I HOPE HE WOULDN'T BE TOO DELIBERATIVE IF WE NEEDED FORCE. I'M WITH YOU ON THIS.
I hope you reconsider - he is due an apology for following what is an all-to-common training template.
YOU ARE CORRECT. IF I SEE HIM AGAIN, I WILL DO THAT. THE GUY WAS BOOKING THOUGH. BY THE TIME I PUT THE KEY IN THE DOOR HE WAS HALFWAY TO BEAUMONT STREET HITTING FOUR HOUSES, BOXES, LIKE HE WAS TRAINED TO DO.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home