Sunday, July 16, 2017

The LuLac Edition #3554, July 16th, 2017

MAYBE I’M AMAZED

Our “Maybe I’m Amazed” logo.


MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the Republicans in the state Legislature are whining because Governor Tom Wolf won’t sign a budget. It is short by a lot of money. I wouldn’t sign it yet either unless I had assurances that the GOP controlled House and Senate would do something that makes fiscal sense.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that King’s College wants to get the liquor license for The Oasis Bar on Pennsylvania Ave. They will tear the storied bar down for parking and then use the license for the Corner Coffee shop. It appears that the administration doesn’t want drinking in dorm rooms and by giving the coffee house a license, it can serve its drunks/students alcohol. I’m for it if it will keep the off campus King’s college drunks from squatting in my drive way peeing (ah those Reginas!!!!!) and the guys from showing off their drunken manhood at 3am in the Morning.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that the segment of the people in this county that voted for Donald Trump still defend him. Yet his policies are going to destroy any chance we have of crawling out of this hole.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED…….that in 1859 24 rabbits were released in Australia. In six years time there were 2 million.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED….that it took CNN more than 18 months to give Michael Smerconish another hour on his Saturday Morning show. He is entertaining and even handed. He’s a Pennsylvania boy that made good.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED (sadly)…..that my friend L.A. Tarone’s body wasn’t even cold and there were people on Facebook speculating what WILK was going to do with his time slot. The station is taking a strep back but now accepting applications on their website.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that in Oregon there is an underground mushroom that measures 3.5 miles across. Portabella or White? I wonder.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that people employed in the Trump administration don’t think their actions right now will follow them to the next job. I mean if we survive this, just who the hell would hire Kellyanne Conway or Sarah Huckabee except right wing think tanks?
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that all those Republican zealots who wanted to throw Hillary Clinton in jail for Benghazi and her e mail servers think it’s okay for Donald Trump’s son to meet with officials of Russia! There has to be an awful burden for those defenders to admit they are supporting someone who will destroy this country.
MAYBE I’M AMAZED……that of all people Shepherd Smith on Fox News the other day went crazy over the “drip, drip, drip” revelations of the Donnie Trump Junior e mail lies with Russia. This is certainly something to see.


4 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bitch, Bitch, Bitch.
Yonki, come on, you're a smart person, and you present of very good column. But man, you're getting so redundant. Spread your wings and go on to other subjects. We all know you have a hard on for the Republican Party, and probably rightly so, but geeze, if we read you on Monday it's almost the same thing on Friday.
And oh yes, that verification thingee that's on the way to signing out it just a big pain in the keester.

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger David Yonki said...

But man, you're getting so redundant.

IN RESPONSE

I'm not redundant, the news is.

Spread your wings and go on to other subjects.

IN RESPONSE

I think you'll like today's chance of pace.

And oh yes, that verification thingee that's on the way to signing out it just a big pain in the keester.

IN RESPONSE

Sorry, don't manage blogger. All they do is offer me the chance to do this and pay me a little once in a while.

 
At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...


I have to agree with 4:22, even though I agree with you, it is like the written version of the Charlie Brown teacher.
LA Tarone's memoriums brought me back to your blog, your well crafted, deeply touching writing without name calling and belittling others, the attributes that originally brought me here, were again on full display. Your turn to the same tactics as Donald Trump pushed, and are again, pushing me away.
You claim to despise Trump and his tactics, yet you seem very intent on mimicking them. Perhaps, you and Trump see eye to eye on one point; the key to success is to be a name calling, condescending bully.

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

Your turn to the same tactics as Donald Trump pushed, and are again, pushing me away.
You claim to despise Trump and his tactics, yet you seem very intent on mimicking them. Perhaps, you and Trump see eye to eye on one point; the key to success is to be a name calling, condescending bully.

IN RESPONSE

I see eye to eye with Trump on nothing except perhaps tall women. Yes I am using the same tactics because this is the REPUBLICAN playbook. They LIE.
John Kerry being swift boated. LIE.
Obama as Muslim. LIE.
The lies from Trump, I can't even count them anymore.
I will push back and use tactics because
1. His base thinks NOTHING is wrong.
2. It's not that this President lies, every President lies but this one insults our intelligence by thinking we don't know.


LA Tarone's memoriums brought me back to your blog, your well crafted, deeply touching writing without name calling and belittling others, the attributes that originally brought me here, were again on full display.

IN RESPONSE

I'd rather be doing that type of writing believe me. But see, I like my electronic appliances and don't think for a minute Russia will ignore our power grid and starve us to death.
Then the ones who voted from Trump will cry like babies going to their death screaming, "Benghazi, Benghazi.


 

Post a Comment

<< Home