Sunday, September 12, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1297, Sept. 12th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: MAYOR LOU BARLETTA AND CONGRESSMAN PAUL KANJORSKI.

SWITFTBOATING KANJORSKI

So I see this ad on the TV stations with Senior men saying that Paul Kanjorski was against seniors and Medicare. I’m hoping that the voters in the 11th Congressional District won’t fall for this. First off, the district has the highest rate of senior population second only to Florida. Why would any Democratic vote against Seniors? Second, the lie that the ad is portraying is that by voting for the Health Care Bill, Kanjorski is actually extending Medicare benefits at a sound financial footing until 2029 when I’m sure it will be revisited. NO MEDICARE IS GOING TO BE CUT. NOT A SINGLE SENIOR WILL LOSE MEDICARE COVERAGE!!!!
The ad is a lie. I would hope the people in the ad are actors that are being paid to film the commercial. I would shudder to think that a real live senior citizen who gets Medicare benefits because of a Democratic President and Democratic Congress in the 60s would be part of an attempt to lie about Kanjorski’s record on this. But if the national GOP could take a guy who avoided military service, make him look like a hero (Bush 2004) and denigrate a three time medal of winner honor who served in combat, (Kerry 2004) , I suppose they are capable of anything. Here’s a link to an AARP article that explains the Medicare portion of the Health Care Bill.
http://www.aarp.org/health/health-care-reform/info-08-2010/hcr_explained_extending_the_life_of_medicare.html

LOU’S NEW WEBSITE

Hazlton Mayor Lou Barletta has a new web site up and running. Here’s the link:

6 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i find it odd that you supported joe leonard back in 2006. he was much more conservative, and granted considerably more intelligent, than barletta.

 
At 8:03 PM, Anonymous November Demise said...

"But if the national GOP could take a guy who avoided military service, make him look like a hero (Bush 2004) and denigrate a three time medal of winner honor who served in combat, (Kerry 2004)"

Lame example Yonk. Both did what they had to when they had to. Your political prescription is blurring your vision.

I expected better.

We have a professor who needs to be denied tenure.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger David Yonki said...

IN RESPONSE
I find it odd that you supported joe leonard back in 2006. he was much more conservative, and granted considerably more intelligent, than barletta.
I SUPPORTED LEONARDI BECAUSE HE WAS A FRIEND. AFTER NUMEROUS ATTEMPTS TO HAVE KANJORSKI ADOPT ME AS A NEPHEW, I THREW IN WITH THE DOC EVEN THOUGH HE ONCE THREATENED TO SUE ME OVER SOMETHING HE DIDN'T LIKE IN "A RADIO STORY". PLUS THE NATIONAL GOP WAS DOING EVERYTHING IT COULD TO SAVE SHERWOOD AND IGNORING THE RESOURCEFUL DOCTOR. HE GOT NEARLY 30% WITH NO MONEY. BESIDES, I DO CROSS THE POLITICAL HIGHWAY ONCE IN A WHILE. I WAS ON A PANEL WITH BOTH THE DOCTOR AND MAYOR BARLTTA AND THEY ARE BOTH SMART ENOUGH.

 
At 5:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I THREW IN WITH THE DOC EVEN THOUGH HE ONCE THREATENED TO SUE ME OVER SOMETHING HE DIDN'T LIKE IN "A RADIO STORY"

OK, I'll bite: what didn't he like? or do I need to reread it?

 
At 6:49 AM, Anonymous Joe Leonardi said...

Thanks Dave. I grateful for your support and many others in the blogosphere. You guys are genuine.

I like life away from politics much better.

I hope Friday's blog gathering is another huge success.

 
At 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Loooooooooooie!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home