Monday, September 20, 2010

The LuLac Edition #1305, Sept 20th, 2010

PHOTO INDEX: THE FORMER CALL CENTER ON SOUTH MAIN STREET IN WILKES BARRE.

11 YEARS AGO TONIGHT

Eleven years ago tonight I began working part time (30 hours a week) at the Call Center on South Main Street in Wilkes Barre. I was still working in radio but knew I needed to become of the information and electronic age. My main motivation was to learn a little bit about computers and then move on., Turns out I stated until the last owner (Customer Satisfaction First) ran the company into the ground. The skills I picked up there as a 40 something part timer enabled me to move on to other jobs similar to what they offered in 1999, gave me the computer wherewith all to work on books and also was an integral part in my ability to bring you this blog every day. Life is full of right and left turns as well as unintended consequences. My association with the big grand building on South Main Street brought me more blessings than heartache. And when you do more than break even on any venture, that's a very good thing.

2 Comments:

At 8:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yonk,
You are so right...your attitude determines your altitude. If you are willing to give more than you expect to get, you will often find that you get more than you expected.

 
At 5:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Agreed.

You still need the skills, talent, work ethic, and train-ability.

We see Yonk's got 'em.

I've worked with too many hollow attitudes who couldn't produce.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home